The Carolina Wetlands Association (CarWA) wants to promote the importance and value of Wetlands through science-based programs, education, and advocacy.
2017 Wetland Treasures
We are thrilled to recognize and celebrate our second class of Wetland Treasures sites! Click the links below to open a fact sheet and learn about the ecology, significance, flora and fauna, and more for each site:
- Congaree National Park (Richland County, SC)
- Hobcaw Barony Wetlands (Georgetown County, SC)
- Kanuga Bog (Henderson County, NC)
- Robertson Millpond (Wake County, NC)
- Scuppernong River Swamp (Tyrrell County, NC)
Click here to find to sign up for field tours!
- CarWA Supports Survey. We are forming volunteer resource teams to support our programs and services. Please let us know your areas of interest and expertise. We are forming volunteer resource teams to support our programs and services. Please let us know your areas of interest and expertise. Click here to complete the survey.
Volunteers Needed to represent CarWA (Contact Rick if interested)
- May 20. Longleaf Festival at Harris Lake from 11 am – 3pm. Contact Rick Savage if you can volunteer.
- Recording Available: If you missed CarWA’s Rick Savage and Alvin Brassfield presentation at the Science Cafe, “Do you Really Want to Drain the Swamp“, you can view it online. Click here to access video.
- The Wetland Forest Initiative, a project catalyzed and coordinated by Dogwood Alliance, is a broad and diverse coalition of partners and organizations across the South to carry out a simple vision. CarWA President, Rick Savage, is co-chair of this Initiative which will help protect wetlands in the Carolinas. Contact Rick if you want more information.