The Carolina Wetlands Association (CarWA) wants to promote the importance and value of Wetlands through science-based programs, education, and advocacy.
2017 Wetland Treasures
We are thrilled to recognize and celebrate our second class of Wetland Treasures sites! Click the links below to open a fact sheet and learn about the ecology, significance, flora and fauna, and more for each site:
- Congaree National Park (Richland County, SC)
- Hobcaw Barony Wetlands (Georgetown County, SC)
- Kanuga Bog (Henderson County, NC)
- Robertson Millpond (Wake County, NC)
- Scuppernong River Swamp (Tyrrell County, NC)
- The North Carolina Wildlife Federation has chosen the Carolina Wetlands Association to receive the prestigious NC Wildlife Federation Affiliate of the Year award in the 2016 Governor’s Conservation Achievement Awards program. This program highlights those individuals and organizations that have exemplified conservation activism across the state. It is our honor to extend this award to you.
- 2015-2016 Annual Report for the Carolina Wetlands Association. Click here to view report.
- CarWA’s Rick Savage and Alvin Brassfield presentation at the Science Cafe, “Do you Really Want to Drain the Swamp“, you can view it online. Click here to access video.
- The Wetland Forest Initiative, a project catalyzed and coordinated by Dogwood Alliance, is a broad and diverse coalition of partners and organizations across the South to carry out a simple vision. CarWA President, Rick Savage, is co-chair of this Initiative which will help protect wetlands in the Carolinas. Contact Rick if you want more information.