The Carolina Wetlands Association (CarWA) wants to promote the importance and value of Wetlands through science-based programs, education, and advocacy.
2017 Wetland Treasures
We are thrilled to recognize and celebrate our second class of Wetland Treasures sites! Click the links below to open a fact sheet and learn about the ecology, significance, flora and fauna, and more for each site:
- Congaree National Park (Richland County, SC)
- Hobcaw Barony Wetlands (Georgetown County, SC)
- Kanuga Bog (Henderson County, NC)
- Robertson Millpond (Wake County, NC)
- Scuppernong River Swamp (Tyrrell County, NC)
- 2015-2016 Annual Report for the Carolina Wetlands Association. Click here to view report.
- CarWA’s Rick Savage and Alvin Brassfield presentation at the Science Cafe, “Do you Really Want to Drain the Swamp“, you can view it online. Click here to access video.
- The Wetland Forest Initiative, a project catalyzed and coordinated by Dogwood Alliance, is a broad and diverse coalition of partners and organizations across the South to carry out a simple vision. CarWA President, Rick Savage, is co-chair of this Initiative which will help protect wetlands in the Carolinas. Contact Rick if you want more information.