May is the perfect time of the year to celebrate wetlands across North and South Carolina. Plants and animals have awoken from their winter slumber and are ready for your enjoyment. The pollen is mostly gone and days are warm (but not too hot) making for good opportunities for hiking, birding, paddling and just exploring a wetland near you.
The Carolina Wetlands Association invites your to visit one our Wetland Treasures of the Carolinas. They are found through North Carolina and South Carolina from the mountains to the coast. Use our interactive map to find a place to visit near you.
Join us for a tour
We are hosting tours to our 2021 Wetland Treasures of the Carolians. Registration is limited so sign-up early.
- Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve in Moore County, NC
- Tour Date: Saturday, May 14 – Register here
- Carolina Beach State Park in New Hanover County, NC
- Tour: Sunday, May 23- Register here
- Richardson-Taylor Preserve in Guilford County, NC
- Tour Date: Saturday, June 5 – Register here
Get news and information about wetlands and learn fun facts about our Wetland Treasures throughout May and beyond. Please follow us and like/share our message with your friends to help amplify our message.