Webinar: Carolina Wetlands Past to Present
December 7 @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Carolina Wetlands Assocation is proud to release, Carolina Wetlands Past to Present, produced by our Science Committee. The purpose of this report is to present an overview of the state of an important but shrinking resource – wetlands in North and South Carolina. The report will establish a baseline – as a basis for seeing future trends in wetlands in the Carolinas – by addressing the following questions.
- How many wetlands do we have, what are their types, and where are they?
- How have past and current land-use practices affected our wetlands?
- What other threats/stressors are there and how can we manage them?
- What is the current condition of our wetlands?
- How do we protect and manage this valuable resource through education, conservation, restoration, and other activities?